Theme: Educational Excellence
Strategic Priority 1: Globally competitive schools
Ensure that our schools are globally competitive.
- “Success by Six” - Focus on early literacy.
- Teacher Advancement Program – Full, sustainable implementation.
- Schools as community centers – Aligned student, family, and community resources.
- Strategic compensation and teacher support – Targeted compensation to attract and retain the best teachers; high quality instructional and technology support.
Strategic Priority 2: UT as Top 25
Transform the University of Tennessee into a Top 25 public research university.
- Research – Recruit world-class research faculty.
- Graduate fellowships – Recruit top-flight graduate students.
- Transform the UT campus – $500 million in improvements over the next five years.
Strategic Priority 3: Vigorous vocational campus
Transform the 221,000-square-foot former Philips Electronics campus in East
Knox County into a “vigorous vocational campus” coordinated by Pellissippi State
- Regional vocational plan – Location-specific vocational training for needs not adequately met now.
- New vocational campus – Full utilization of new campus.